Wednesday 18 April 2012

South's win


The South side took out the Cathy Parkes All Star trophy 7-6. WooHoo! It was a hard fought victory since members from both teams have been training with and against each other for the past few years, and more intensely in the recent months. The game became a little stagnant in parts, but the defence was reasonably pleasing. 

Back in Melbourne and back to training. This week has been very eventful. On Sunday I went to see Will Anderson in Wilarious as part of the Melbourne Comedy Festival. After I walked over to Hardware Lane, which has the atmosphere of a European piazza and enjoyed some tapas in one of the restaurants. A-MAZING!

I had my birthday on Monday and although I had 2 training sessions, I was able to catch up with friends over lunch and another friend of mine cooked me a very lovely and delicious dinner, topped off with a cake for after training. The rest of this week has been filled with trying to sort out my possessions for my move back to Brisbane this weekend.

It’s going to be sad to leave a city that has soooo much life and culture, but as I head back up north it means that the next stage of preparation is about to begin. Today is 100 days out from the Olympics and with that our coach announced the team to head to the test event in London. I have been lucky enough to be selected to compete at this event. It will be very exciting to head over to London and begin to get the feel of the city and how the Games will be played.


The last 2 games of the National League regular season will be played on Thursday and Friday night this week against Balmain. Then things really get serious……


**** 50 days until Olympic Team is Announced ****

No comments:

Post a Comment